Blueberry muffins are a delicious, breakfast staple – better when they are mini and whole wheat so they’re “healthy” (but really, it’s just a small, naked cupcake…) It is safe to say we inhaled these pretty quickly.
- 1 c sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 c whole wheat flour
- 1/2 c whole milk
- 3 cups blueberries (or more, if you’re feeling wild)
- sugar for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350. Grease a standard muffin tin or mini muffin tin.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the butter, sugar, milk, vanilla and eggs until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Add the dry mixture slowly to the butter mixture, making sure it is well-incorporated.
- Hand mix in the blueberries.
- Fill muffin tins about halfway, sprinkle sugar on the top.
- Bake for 22-28 minutes or until toothpick/knife in center comes out clean.
- Serve warm with butter to die of happiness.